Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday Supplement Number 1

Hello!

Church was good this morning. The preacher visited our Sunday School class. I think he was surprised at how vocal our group is. We tried to tell him that the other night!

After church we dashed on toward town. Sue is involved in a 4H archery class every other Sunday afternoon from 12:30 to 1:30. I was pleased to see that they put her on the 7 yard range again, and then moved her up to the 12 yard after she got back some of her confidence. She hadn't been hitting too well at the 12 yard. She did much better this time. I also think part of the problem is that the bow she has is about all she can handle so far as pounds of pull, but at 12 yards, the blunted target arrows have trouble sticking in the canvas bag target. I guess we will just have to tough it out until she can build up some more upper body strength and move up in pull.

Then a visit to my mother-in-law's. She is a nice person and it is hard to see the slight signs of her aging. Sue and the pup and I took a walk in the lovely warm spring sunshine. This is really about the first good day we have had since winter came. Ah, those nice town sidewalks...! And then on home for the rest of our day of rest. Calvin took a nap and I just read and played on the computer.

Calvin and his mom were talking politics today. I hate to hear about that stuff. I am so disillusioned with the political situation in America today. I don't consider 3 or 4 bad choices to be much of a choice. So there! I've covered religion and politics in the same post.

I did a chicken head count this evening when I went out to feed. Due to what must be some Divine intervention, we still have all our chickens accounted for. Last summer we lost all our laying hens to racoons, so in a knee jerk reaction, I bought about 100% more chicks than I really needed to replace them. Now we have 20 hens and the neighbor's 4 Guineas. We have already started getting those little pullet eggs. By May we should be flooded with eggs and C. can start selling them to coworkers to offset the cost of the price of a gallon of gas!

Have a peaceful evening. I'm going to make a snacky dinner of nachos since C. and S. love them so, we will watch a family DVD, and then an early night.

Lori

No comments: