Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Hi,

Me again! The old pattern of dealing with a different subject each day isn't working so well for me anymore. My life isn't all that regimented. So, for the next experiment, I'll just try talking about what's going on or whatever is on my mind.

The pup did great at the freestyle workshop last weekend. I was so pleased at how much "try" that little dog has. She gave it her best the whole time. S. did pretty well, but she is now 9 and we are having some relationship struggles for control. So we got along mostly, but did have a few squabbles.

Next weekend we will go to the Dog Expo with both dogs. And C. That will be the major challenge--to see if he can find something fun and relaxing to do with himself while S. and I do dog stuff. I would like this to be a family activity for us, but I'm not sure it will go that way, since C. hasn't been all that enthusiastic.

I've got the laundry out on the line today. Both because I like how it makes the clothes smell and also to save on money. Our electric bills were nice and low last summer when the dryer was out of commission. So I am trying to hang as much as possible and consolidate all the dryer stuff into only one load on laundry day. It is so pretty to see all those bright colors fluttering in the wind on the line.

And I think the rams are finally sold! The new owner is trying to arrange for a vet health certificate now since she is taking them over state lines. Then it will just be us, the cats, the dogs, and the chickens. Not counting all the extraneous wildlife so abundant around here. I wouldn't be surprised though, if C. wants to get a couple of llamas this fall.

So that's it for my corner of the world.
Lori

No comments: